منتدى تركمان سورية .... من أجل تركمان َموحد....
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

The Infinitive as an Oject of a Verb

اذهب الى الأسفل

The Infinitive as an Oject of a Verb Empty The Infinitive as an Oject of a Verb

مُساهمة من طرف lonely wolf الأحد يونيو 01, 2008 9:27 pm

The Infinitive as an Oject of a Verb

The Infinitive being a noun can take all the suffixes that any other noun takes - here we show the infinitive of some verbs in the Object case [suffix -i or -yi after a vowel] as an object of the main verb unutmak - to forget
We can also see that very often the main verb has two ojects with the -i suffix. For instance in the last example below "The window " together with "its opening" are both in the Objective case of being ""forgotten.." as the main verb. If you inspect the other examples below you will see many double objects similarly.

1. Geçen hafta o'devimi yapmayı unuttum. - I forgot to do my homework last week.
  2. Garajdan arabayı almayı unuttum. - I forgot to pick up (take) my car from the garage.
  3. Ali, aana so'ylemeyi unuttu. - Ali forgot to tell you.
  4. Affedersin, seni aramayı unuttuk. - We're sorry, We forgot to look (out) for you.
  5. Filmi izlemeyi unuttum. - I forgot to watch the film.
  6. Kediyi beslemeyi unuttum. - I forgot to feed the cat.
  7. Mehmet'i sormayı unuttunuz - You forgot to ask Mehmet.
  8. Kapıyı kapamayı unuttum. - I forgot to close the door.
  9. Pencereyi açmayı unuttular. - They forgot to open the window.

Some main verbs take their objects in the Dative [the suffix -(y)e or -(ya)] when the verb signifies movement towerds
If we say in English - she is starting to write - then the Infinitive yazmak - to write - is the object of the verb - she is starting ... - and consequently must be suffixed to show its relationship to the verb.
As the verb başlamak - to start, begin - signifies movement of some sort it governs the Dative Case in Turkish -a or -e.
To effect the addition of the dative suffix to yazmak the final -k of -mek or -mak is dropped and the resulting verbal noun - yazma - is treated as a normal object in the Dative by the addition of the suffix -ya standard dative buffer letter -y- :
yazmak - to write - becomes yazmaya başladı - she started to (to) write
It should be noted that we also use The Present Continuous Participle in -ing - (another noun) while translating in English so the above is often rendered in the following manner: yazmak - to write - becomes yazmaya başladı - she started writing
lonely wolf
lonely wolf
Binbaşı

عدد الرسائل : 1156
العمر : 41
العائلة التركمانية : oğuz Salur
تاريخ التسجيل : 15/03/2008

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:
لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى